Florida–based Q-Link Wireless is company that is designed to enroll qualified customers for a free government cell phone through the Lifeline Assistance Program. The company has brought their service to Colorado, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin and most recently Utah. The company offers a free phone and up to 250 free minutes, depending on the plan.
Q-Link Wireless Plans
Q-Link Wireless has three minute plans. The details are as follows:
- 68 Minute Plan – Under the 68 Minute Plan, text messages (incoming and outgoing) are counted as 0.3 of a plan minute each. If you do not use your allotment of 68 minutes, any unused minutes will be carried over to the next month. Customers who choose this plan have access to the International Plan (detailed below).
- 125 Minute Plan – Under this plan, text messages are counted as 1 plan minute each. If you do not use your monthly allotment of 125 minutes, any unused minutes will be carried over to the next month.
- 250 Minute Plan – Under this plan, text messages are counted as 1 plan minute each. There is no carryover of unused minutes
All plans include Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting and three-way calling. Directory assistance calls (411) are available using plan minutes.
Q-Link Wireless International Plan
If international calling is important to you, Q-Link Wireless has a great solution. Customers who choose the 68 Minute plan have access to the company’s international plan. The international plan allows customers to use plan minutes to call many other countries, at no additional charge. What’s even better is that calling some of these countries only uses one plan minute per talk minute. This means you can call 60 countries around the world and have it cost the same as calling your best friend down the road! The 60 countries are listed on the Q-Link Wireless website.
Customers on the 125 & 250 Minutes plans can make international calls, but they will be charged international fees for the calls.
Adding Money to a Q-Link Wireless Phone
Q-Link Wireless offers top-ups in amounts between $10 to $60. Each amount gives different benefits and periods of validity.
- $10 for 50 minutes of talk time (valid for 30 service days)
- $20 for 100 minutes of talk time (valid for 30 service days)
- $30 for 150 minutes of talk time (valid for 30 service days)
- $35 for 200 minutes of talk time (valid for 60 service days)
- $50 for 500 minutes of talk time (valid for 60 service days)
- $60 for unlimited talk time for 30 days.
You may buy times in these amounts on the company website. Q-Link Wireless cards are sold at retailers.
Once you are a customer of Q-Link Wireless, you can help others receive the same service that you do by referring them to the company. If they are approved as customers, you will receive 100 free minutes, just for making the introduction! There is no limit to the amount of minutes you can receive, so refer more and talk more! Make sure that they mention your name and phone number when they apply so that you are properly credited with your bonus.
Qualifying for a Q-Link Wireless Phone
Like other Lifeline providers, you may qualify for a free Q-Link Wireless phone by participating in a government assistance plan like Medicare or Food Stamps/ SNAP, or if your income is below the poverty guidelines set for your state. Qualifying information can be found on our Home page.
Company Contact Information
Q-link’s customer service number is 855-754-6543 has live customer service from 9 am – 6pm EST. The company website is www.qlinkwireless.com.