Reachout Wireless Application
Reachout Wireless has made the process for applying for one of their phones very easy. The Reachout Wireless application is very short, and can be completed in just a few minutes. Please be aware that the application, must be filled out completely as some applicants have failed to fill out the application and have been left empty-handed even though they qualified to receive a phone. We’re going to cover all the things you need to do to get your free Reachout Wireless phone.
Again, the application itself is very simple. You will be asked to provide your basic information, like you name and address, your birthday and your home phone number. You will also be asked if you are applying under income or government program eligibility. If you are applying under government, you will now be asked for verification.
If you are applying under income-based eligibility, you will be asked for proof of income. You should send copies when asked for verification, as the documents sent to Reachout Wireless will not be returned to you.
There has been widespread fraud in the Lifeline Assistance program. In early 2012, the Federal Government announced that there will be strong efforts to find and punish abusers of the Lifeline Program, as some people have applied under more than one carrier or have received phones and other have applied and received phones under false applications. As part of the application, you are asked to verify that the phone you are applying for is the only Lifeline Assistance phone in your household. Take this part seriously as the government is setting up a database across the free cell phone carriers to see who already has a Lifeline assistance phone. Families found to have more than one phone will be subject to civil and even criminal penalties.
You will be asked to choose whether you want the 125 or 250 minute plan (for some reason the 68 minute plan is not on the print application, please go to the Reachout Wireless website to apply online, if you’d like the 68 minute plan). See out Reachout Wireless page for more information about the plans that Reachout Wireless offers.
Finally, you will be asked to confirm the following by signing the application.
- that the phone you are applying for will not be given, rented or resold to anyone. The phone must stay in the possession of the person applying for the phone
- that you have not filed any false information in trying to obtain the phone
- that the household will only have 1 Lifeline or Link-Up (discounted wired home) phone
- that the household only has one Lifeline phone and that all other Lifeline phones are canceled before applying for the phone.
- that you will immediately notify Reachout Wireless if you no longer participate in the government-program that allowed you to get the phone. The government is creating another database to instantly check applicants’ government program eligibility.
- That you have not used the address on the application to qualify for a phone and that you will notify Reachout Wireless if your address changes.
People who are found to have given false information or made false statements can be punished by fines and even imprisonment.
To find out what programs are eligible in your state, or to print out an application for Reachout Wireless, please click on your state below(clicking on a state will take you to that state’s page): Arkansas, California*, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Rhode Island, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
*California residents cannot apply by faxing an application. Please see our California Lifeline page for more information.
If you found this page helpful, please click one of the Like, Share or Tweet buttons at the top!