Tag Mobile is a hip, relatively new carrier that provides Lifeline phones in the following states: Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, and West Virginia. They have both Lifeline and non-Lifeline service. Tag Mobile uses the Sprint network, ensuring one of the widest call areas available.
Tag Mobile Plans and Top-Up Plans
Tag Mobile offers one basic plan to their customers. Upon approval, customers receive a free phone and 68 minutes per month (Resident of the state of Kentucky get 200 minutes). If a customer needs to send or receive a text, each message will be counted as one plan minute.
This plan is one of the stingiest basic plans of the Lifeline carriers; however the company tries to make up for it by offering decent top-up packages.
- For $7, you can get 100 minutes and 200 text messages
- For $20, you can get 500 minutes and 1,000 text messages
- For $30, you get 1,000 minutes and 1,200 text messages
- For $39.90, “unlimited” talk & text (Please note: this plan is not truly an unlimited plan. A call to Tag Mobile customer service has revealed that this plan allows 2,000 talk minutes and 3,000 text messages)
You can buy Tag Mobile Top-Up minutes either on the Tag Mobile website, by calling the company’s customer number or by visiting one of several retail locations, like CVS, Walgreen’s, Murphy Oil, Dollar General and other locations.
Phones and Services
All Lifeline customers will receive a free phone upon approval. The following services are included free: Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3-Way Calling, Voicemail and nation-wide Long Distance.
The company says it should take 7-10 business days from the time Tag processes your application, for you to receive your free cell phone.
Data Plans and International Calling
Tag Mobile does not offer a Data Plan or International Calling at this time.
Qualifying for a Tag Mobile Phone
If you participate in any of the following government assistance programs, it is likely that you qualify for a free phone from Tag Mobile:
- Food Stamps/ SNAP
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Social Security (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance ( Section 8 )
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Plan (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch’s Free Lunch Program (NSL)
You may also qualify if your household income is lower than 135% of the Federal Poverty level (see our Free Government Cell Phone page for a chart).
You may apply for a Tag Mobile phone by either calling their customer service number 1-866-959-4918 or going to their website for faster service.
If you found this page helpful, please click one of the Like, Share or Tweet buttons at the top!