Terracom Wireless is the parent company to another Lifeline provider, Yourtel Wireless. They have both Lifeline and non-Lifeline plans. They offer free phones to residents in Arkansas, Maryland, Iowa, Nevada, and West Virginia. Residents of Oklahoma don’t get free phones, but the company’s discounted plans in that state are probably the best plans that they offer.
Terracom Wireless Services
In addition to a free phone, Terracom Wireless offers the following free to its Lifeline customers: Caller ID, Call Waiting, Voicemail, and Three-way Calling. Terracom Wireless will also allow their customers to upgrade their phones for an additional fee. The company will also change a phone number for a fee of $15. Directory assistance calls are $1.50 each.
Terracom Wireless Plans
The company has the following plans for residents of Arkansas, Maryland, Iowa, Nevada and West Virginia:
- 68 minutes a month: Customers receive 68 talk minutes (for incoming and outgoing calls) that can be rolled over for 30 days. Text messages are charged at a rate of .3 minutes each for both incoming and outgoing messages
- 125 minutes a month: Customers receive 125 talk minutes, which can be rolled over for 30 days, however incoming and outgoing text messages are charged at 1 minute each
- 250 minutes a month: Customers receive 250 minutes a month; incoming and outgoing text messages are charged at 1 minute each, however there is no minute rollover for this plan. All plan minutes expire at the end of the month they are issued.
For residents of Oklahoma, the company offers the following 2 plans:
- 1000 Plan: Oklahoma residents can take advantage of one of the better Lifeline plans in the country. For just $1 a month, customers will receive 1,000 voice minutes. Text messages are charged at 1 minute each. There are no rollover minutes in this plan.
- Unlimited Voice Minutes: For $4.58 a month, Oklahoma residents can receive unlimited voice minutes every month. Please note: Text messages are NOT included in this plan.
If you do not quality for Lifeline service, the customer offers the 68 minute plan for $13.60, the 1000 plan for Oklahoma residents for $36.00 a month and the Unlimited Voice plan for $40.00.
Residents of Oklahoma must pay an activation fee of $30. Customers can choose to spread that fee across the first 12 months of service.
The company does not allow international calling to any country (calls to Puerto Rico are considered domestic calls). Terracom Wireless blocks international calls on their phones, if a customer is still successful in placing an international call, the customer will lose use of his or her phone for the remainder of the month (911 calls can still be made).
Adding Minutes to Your Terracom Wireless Phone
You may add money to your phone in 3 ways; you may visit a Terracom Wireless retailer and purchase time there; you may add time on the company’s website or you may call their customer service at 877-524-2260. A credit card is needed for the last 2 methods. Top-ups are available in the following increments: $5, $10, $15, $20, $25, $30, $50 & $60.
Like their parent company, Yourtel Wireless, all top-up minutes expire in 30 days.
Data service is available on Terracom Wireless phones. The company charges $1.25 per MB sent or received.
You may qualify for a Terracom Wireless phone if you participate in one of the following assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Food Stamps/ SNAP
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Plan (LIHEAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance/ Section 8 (FPHA)
- National School Free Lunch Program
You may also qualify if your income is below the guidelines set for your state (usually 135 – 150% of the Federal Poverty guidelines).
How to Apply for a Terracom Wireless Phone
If you’d like to apply for a Terracom Wireless phone, you may apply online at their website, or you may call their customer service at 877-351-4747. You may scan and upload your qualifying information on their website.
If you found this page helpful, please click one of the Like, Share or Tweet buttons at the top!